For all Overnight In-Home Pet Sitting Services:
We service the entire City of Calgary. Outlying areas are subject to a daily travel fee
Our per night fees are on a 24 hour period. We can be flexible when our sitters arrive and depart to meet your specific travel and pet care requirements
Prices are per pet per night
The sitter is always in the home overnight
We include basic home care duties i.e. bringing in parcels, watering plants
We understand each household is unique and different. Contact us to get a personalized quote!
Benefits of Overnight of In-Home Pet Sitting Services:
It is less stressful for pets and their owners to have them stay in their own secure environment
We follow your pets regular routines (i.e. walks, pee breaks, feeding times)
Your pets medical needs can be attended to
Your home is being occupied in case of an emergency and to prevent theft
Less risk of parasite or illness exposure and undesirable interactions with other dogs
You do not have to impose on family, friends or neighbours to care for your pets
Unlike boarding facilities, the care is customized to your pets specific needs
Additional Charges May Apply for:
Pets who require extra exercise, attention or medical care
Dogs with behavioral issues such as separation anxiety or aggression
Puppies who are not housebroken or crate trained and require constant attention
Includes one dog, feeding, watering, short walks and pee breaks. Dog will not be left alone longer than a standard work day (8-10 hours). Sitter is in the home overnight.
Includes one dog, one cat, feeding, watering, short walks and pee breaks. Dog will not be left alone longer than 5 hours. Sitter is in the home overnight.
Includes two dogs, one cat, feeding, watering, walks and pee breaks. Dogs will not be left alone longer than 5 hours. Sitter is in the home overnight.
Tinkle Time Twinkle FAQ
Why should I choose Tinkle Time over other available options?
Because we offer:
- Over 8 years in professional pet care experience
- Reliable, consistent and professional care from our pet sitters and our management team
- A team of sitters! We almost always will have back up for your requests
- Incorporated business with insurance
- Sitters provide clear criminal background checks
- Credit card payment options
What is in-home pet sitting and what is included?
- Our subcontractor pet sitters stay in your home while you are away and live in your home as you would in a respectful and professional manner
- An in-home sitter provides security and care for both your pets and home, maintains your pets routines (walks, potty breaks, feeding schedules, medications etc), and, of course, provides your pets with the care, love and attention they deserve
I’m new, how does this work?
- Once you submit your request, we will send out a meet and greet to you and sitter
- You and the sitter arrange a date/time to meet at your home to go over care instructions and ensure it is a good fit
- Following the meeting, please confirm through the client portal that you would like to book OR if you’d like to request an alternate sitter
- Once confirmed, the deposit is required and we will send a detailed confirmation of your booking
Can you tell me about the 8-10 vs 5 hour guarantee?
- Many of our sitters have other jobs as pet sitting is not a full time income earner
- Sitters are often in the home more than the 8-10 hour guarantee especially on their days off or for those who do not have ‘regular’ jobs. We just guarantee they won’t be out of the home longer than 8-10 hours during the day.
- We do our best to match you with the sitter who best suits your needs and time requirements
- The 5 hour guarantee limits the amount of time your pet is left alone during the day to a maximum duration of 5 hours. This means the sitter will check in on your pets during the day to break up the duration of time left alone or they will simply be with them as much as possible. Time limits can be customized for puppies and special needs cases
How far in advance do I need to book?
- As soon as travel plans are solidified! Summer, long weekends and holidays are our busiest times!
Do I get to meet the pet sitter?
- Absolutely! We offer complimentary meet and greet with a sitter prior to your departure to ensure everyone is comfortable with one another
Will my pet(s) be alone overnight?
- Absolutely not! With our overnight pet and home sitting services, the sitter will always be with your pets through the night
Are you insured?
- Yes! In addition to our pet sitters clear criminal background checks, we are insured by ProFur
Is my dog crated all day?
- In home pet sitting allows for your pet to do what they’re used to! As such, freedom or crate, the choice is yours when the care is in your home
Does the sitter walk my dog?
- Our intake form on the client portal requests information regarding your pets routine and we then match the best fit sitter to meet these lifestyle requirements. If you have a highly active pet, let us know at the time of booking so we can plan accordingly and determine if extra charges apply
Do my pets need to be vaccinated?
- Since care is one on one, pets do not have to be vaccinated for in-home pet sitting services
Will the sitter have other people in the home?
- Unless approved by the client, no guests are permitted
- With this in mind, it is appreciated (especially during longer stays) if the sitter is permitted to have 1 to 3 guests. That said, they will NOT stay the night!
Does the sitter provide updates?
- Yes! Using the Time To Pet app, clients and sitters can be in regular contact and share regular updates and photos! Please download the app to your phone if you book with us
When is payment due and how do I pay?
- A 50% deposit is taken following your free meet and greet to secure the booking and the remainder is due the day of your departure
- E transfer to [email protected]
- Credit Card
What is your cancellation policy?
- 30+ days cancellation notice = 100% refund or credit, 15 to 29 days cancellation notice = 50% refund or credit, 0-14 days cancellation notice = 0% refund or credit
- Clients may cancel through the client portal or by contacting us
Should I tip?
- Tips are appreciated; however, not expected! Cash tips are always preferred by our sitters but can also be added to credit card or e transfer payments